3-day diet menu:
- Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs and 1 boiled egg and (or) 110-160 grams of salmon (the fish can be replaced with bird or tofu); 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1/2 bowl of berries and a piece of melon; 1-2 glasses of water.
- Lunch: 100-150 grams of salmon or tuna; a salad made of dark-green vegetables with olive oil and lemon juice; 1 kiwi or a slice of lemon and a 1/2 cup of berries; 1-2 glasses of water.
- Dinner: 100-150 grams of salmon; a salad made of dark-green vegetables with olive oil and lemon juice; 1/2 bowl of steamed vegetables (broccoli, spinach, asparagus); a piece of melon and 1/2 cup of berries; 1-2 glasses of water.
- Before sleep, you can eat: 1 apple; 50 grams of turkey; 150 grams of natural yogurt; a handful of hazelnuts, walnuts, or almonds.
The 3-day diet can be the start of the longer diet which is almost a month long. The principle of the 28-day long diet is the same: 3 meals a day with 2 snacks, but the food list is bigger:
- ocean fish and seafood, turkey, and chicken breast;
- all vegetables, except potatoes, carrots, beetroot, peas, and corn;
- berries and fruit, except for bananas, oranges, grapes, watermelon, mango, papaya (these can cause a fast sugar blood increase);
- raw nuts (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, pecans);
- beans, olives, and olive oil;
- fat-free dairy products;
- water, green tea, and mineral water.
Definitely prohibited: alcohol, coffee, soda, fruit juices, frozen foods, fast food, bread, sweets, and sauces.
But there’s more…
Dr. Perricone believes in an integrated approach. Aside from eating good food, you should also drink enough water and exercise.
In order to keep the skin moisturized, you should drink 8-10 glasses of water every day, or drinks that are rich in antioxidants (like mineral water or green tea).
Physical activity, including walking or running and cardiovascular and stretching exercises should be done at least 4 times a week, for 30-45 minutes per day.
Pros and cons of Nicholas Perricone’s diet
This diet has a lot of fans, even among Hollywood celebrities.
The pros of this diet are:
- It promotes healthy weight loss. It allows you to lose weight slowly, which reduces the risk of developing serious health conditions, like high blood pressure, cardiovascular diseases, and diabetes. Also, when you lose weight fast, the skin is in danger of becoming really wrinkly.
- It has a high concentration of foods that are rich in omega-3 acids and antioxidants which is great for the skin and the heart.
- Feeling full, calm, and being able to think clearly.
But there are also people who criticize Dr. Perricone’s diet.
- The diet is expensive. Wild salmon is very expensive and rare and mass-produced fish can contain antibiotics and other chemicals.
- Hunger between the times when you’re supposed to eat.
- Not everyone loves eating fish.
Would you like to try the Facelift Diet? Share your secrets for losing weight and getting rid of wrinkles in the comment section below!