There isn’t a better time to start thinking about getting in shape than the beginning of a new year, is there? We’ve all made promises to ourselves, and it’s high time we tried to stay true to our word. And I is here to help you with your choice of exercises that will help you get rid of excess weight quickly. Just don’t forget you should always combine these with a healthy diet!
Plank (an exercise for your abs)
- Prop yourself up using your hands and knees, then stretch your legs until you’re supporting your weight with the tips of your toes and your elbows.
- Stretch your abdominal muscles and pull your legs up a few inches, one at a time.
- Repeat for a full minute. Don’t bend, and keep your back straight.
30-60-90 (for abs and legs)
- Lie on your back with your hands under your head and your legs together.
- Pull up your legs to an angle of 30 degrees without bending them. Strain your abdominal muscles, but don’t bend at the waist. Breathe deeply three times while in this position.
- Increase the angle to 60 degrees. Stay like this, breathe deeply three more times, and then increase the angle again to 90 degrees. Keep this position.
- Repeat the same procedure backwards. Don’t forget to flatten your waist.
Cobra position (for buttocks and back)