With everything that goes on in a typical day-long work hours, after-school sports and activities—it’s completely understandable that cooking dinner is the last thing you want to do or have to think hard about when you get home. While there are plenty of slow cooker recipes you can make ahead of time and lots of sheet pan dinners, that may use only one pan (easy dish clean-up is a plus!) but often take a while to cook, sometimes you just need quick, easy dinner recipes.
That’s where the following 30-minute meals come in. Here, you’ll find quick, easy dinner recipes that include all of your favorite dishes. If you’re worried about the nutritional value of some of these dishes, don’t be. We’ve made sure to add some healthy dinner recipes for those who want a more nutritious meal. Here are 5 easy dinner recipes you can make in 30 minutes or less.
1. Herbes de Provence Shrimp with Basil and Pea Couscous
YIELDS: 4 servings
TOTAL TIME: 0 hours 20 mins
- 1 c. couscous
- 3/4 c. frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 c. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. fresh marjoram, oregano, or savory, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried lavender
- 1 tbsp. fresh tarragon, chopped
- Cook couscous per package directions. Fold in peas, basil, lemon zest, and 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine shrimp, thyme, marjoram, rosemary, lavender, and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, turning once, until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon juice and tarragon; toss to combine. Serve with couscous alongside.