Natural home remedies can relieve different kinds of pain and make you feel a lot better. If the problem isn’t that serious and you’re absolutely sure it doesn’t require professional care, you can turn to our generous Mother Nature for help. We thought you should know more about these natural alternatives for treating ailments safely and effectively.
1. Back pain
- There are special acupressure points on your lower back, just below the waist and above the hips – ask someone to gently massage them for you for a temporary relief.
- Ask one of your family members to massage your back with alcohol. Before starting your massage, clean the skin on your back. Sprinkle some alcohol, and gently massage it into the skin.
- Also try massages with sandalwood oil, which is very popular for its relaxing effect.
- Lifting and carrying heavy objects should be done very carefully to avoid back injury. The best variant in this case will be to bend at the knees, and never at the waist.
- Try heat and cold therapies: alternate hot and cold packs for 20 minutes. For cold therapy, you can use an ice pack wrapped in a towel.
- Boil 1 liter of water with 1/4 liter of vinegar, and add 2 tablespoons of rosemary. Let stand for 5 minutes, and use a towel for a wet compress applied to the painful area.
- Choosing the correct mattress is an important thing – it shouldn’t be too hard (however, it’s better not to take the one that is too soft as well).
- You can also try to sleep in the fetal position, and put a pillow between your knees. If you sleep on your back, put a pillow under your knees.
- When you’re getting out of the bed, first lie on your side, then slide your legs to the floor, and push yourself into a sitting position. This way you won’t put too much pressure on your lower back.