Although we can’t lose weight by just locally targeting specific areas, it’s very possible to make our waist look slimmer and our tummy look flatter. There are a few muscle groups that are responsible for our midsection and we just need to find exercises that work on isolating these muscles. Another trick is that these exercises should be done in a way so that we make these muscles strong and toned, but not big and bulky. And the workouts in this article have been selected specifically to fulfill this goal.
We selected awesome exercises for each muscle group and can’t wait to share this selection with our readers.
V-ups target all the abdominal muscle groups: transverse abdominis, obliques, and rectus abdominis
- Lie down, keeping your legs flat and your arms stretched over your head.
- Crunch and lift your torso and legs off the floor, reaching for your feet.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat 10-12 times.
- If it’s a bit too challenging, lift one leg at the time, alternating.
2. Alternate reach and catch
Alternate reach and catch works on the transverse abdominis and rectus abdominis muscles.
- Lie flat and bend the knees.
- Move both hands toward your left thigh reaching for your knee.
- Return back to the initial position.
- Repeat this move on your left side.
- Repeat 10-12 times on each side.