Recent trends suggest that more women are finding it harder to conceive due to stress, as it takes a toll on physical as well as psychological health. According to statistics published by the World Health Organisation, about 15% of couples worldwide seek help for fertility issues. Of the many options available to couples, one which is fast gaining popularity, is fertility yoga. This form of yoga has been mostly preferred by those who are sceptical about other treatment options available for infertility.
Bear in mind that fertility yoga may or may not cure fertility completely, but it will help reduce stress and make you fitter than before. You may also choose to combine these yoga poses with other treatment options to up your fitness, which is often recommended before starting any treatment for infertility. Read on to know more about fertility yoga.
1. Supported Bridge (Setu Bandhasana)
This yoga pose increases the blood flow to your reproductive organs, improving their function. It also helps to get rid of symptoms of depression, anxiety, and fatigue.
How to perform:
- Lie down on your back;
- Slowly bend your knees so that they’re pointing towards the ceiling, with your feet flat on the floor. Check that your knees are hip-width apart;
- Keep your arms at your sides, with palms facing down;
- As you inhale, form an arch by lifting your spine and buttocks from the floor;
- Hold the pose for 1-2 minutes as you inhale and exhale;
- Gradually release the pose by rolling your spine down to the ground.