This 10-minute cardio home circuit workout includes a variety of exercises designed to target all the muscle groups in a short, effective workout. You’ll do 10 challenging exercises, many of them compound movements involving more than one muscle group. Move quickly from exercise to exercise, but keep good form and rest when you need to.
- Begin by warming up with a few minutes of light-to-moderate cardio.
- Complete the exercises for the suggested time, one after the other, with little or no rest in between.
- Perform the circuit once for a 10-minute workout or up to six times for a longer, more intense workout.
- Skip or modify any exercises that cause pain or discomfort. Add extra rest periods if you need to.
1. Squat Press
The squat press combines a dumbbell squat with an overhead press. During this move you’ll work the muscles in the lower body (primarily the hamstrings, glutes, and quadriceps) and the deltoid muscles in your shoulders.
Equipment needed: Dumbbells
How to do it right: Begin with the feet hip-width apart, holding the weights just over your shoulders.
- Lower into a squat, sending the hips back while you keep the torso upright and the abs engaged.
- Press into the heels to stand up.
- As you stand, press the weights overhead, focusing on the shoulders.
- Lower the weights and repeat a squat with an overhead press.
Duration: 60 seconds
2. Wide Squat Weight Exchange
In this move, you’ll combine a basic wide squat to work the lower body with a weight exchange to work the muscles in the shoulders, biceps, triceps, forearms, upper back, quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, calves, and core. The weight exchange might be considered a precursor movement to the farmer’s carry.