5. Tricep kickbacks
As you can probably guess from the name, this exercise works on your triceps. Triceps are tricky muscles, we don’t use them much in everyday tasks and if you don’t do any isolated tricep exercises, you may very likely be on your way to flabby arms.
- Stand straight and hold one dumbbell in each hand;
- Bring your left leg forward, bending your knee;
- Bend forward slightly;
- Place your right hand bent at your side, keeping your elbow close to your body. Rest your other hand and dumbbell on your leg;
- Kick that right dumbbell back, straightening the arm;
- Return to the initial position;
- Repeat with the other arm.
Note: Make sure that your upper arm doesn’t move, and only the forearm is involved in the exercise.
6. Shoulder press
This exercise targets the shoulders and the upper back.
- Start by standing straight and placing a dumbbell in each hand;
- Put your arms out and bend your elbows at a 90° angle. Your arms should be parallel to the floor;
- Raise the dumbbells straight overhead;
- Return them to the starting position.