3. Dumbbell bench press
This exercise works on your entire upper body. It targets chest muscles, shoulders, biceps, and abs.
- Sit on the edge of the flat bench with your knees bent at 90° and your feet flat on the floor, slightly wider than shoulder-width;
- Slowly lie back on the bench holding the dumbbells near your chest with elbows at a 90° angle;
- Next, fully extend your arms above your body. Try to hold the weights steady;
- Lower your arms back to the starting position.
Note: Adjust the dumbbells’ weight to the point that you can hold them steady and control the up and down movements.
4. Bent over lateral raise
This exercise not only works on making your upper back, shoulder, and arm muscles stronger, it also improves your posture.
- Start by squatting down and bending slightly, keeping your back straight;
- Place a dumbbell in each hand with your arms in front of you, palms facing each other;
- Bend the elbows slightly;
- Lift the arms up and out to the sides, keeping them in line with the shoulders;
- Return the arms to the starting point.