2: Forward bends
- Stand straight with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- Now lean forward, keeping your back straight.
- Lower your torso until it’s almost parallel to the floor, and bend your knees. Then return to the starting position. Do 4 sets of 10 repetitions each.
Note: You shouldn’t feel your back muscles working as you pull your upper body up. Not only does this mean your technique is wrong, but it’s also dangerous for your health. Use your gluteal muscles to lift your torso, while your back muscles should only help you to maintain a straight body position.
3: Jump squats
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. Your back is straight.
- Breathe in, and lower yourself into the squat until your thighs are parallel to the floor. If you’re able to squat a little below parallel, that’s great.