This holiday season, gather friends and family for an elegant pork dinner. Our collection of rich and tender pork roast and pork tenderloin recipes will be the star of your Christmas meal, thanks to an array of delicious seasonal rubs and glazes. Each pork recipe pairs well with your favorite holiday sides and can be prepared in a pan, the oven, or even your slow cooker!
1. Stuffed Pork Loin
- I recipe Cherry and Wild Rice Stuffing or Spinach and Apricot Stuffing
- 13 pound boneless pork top loin roast (single loin)
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup wate
- ⅓ cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
- Fresh whole tart red cherries or fresh apricots (optional)
- Snipped fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
Step 1. Prepare Cherry and Wild Rice Stuffing; set aside. Trim fat from pork. Butterfly the meat by making a lengthwise cut down the center of the meat, cutting to within 1/2 inch of the other sides; spread open. Place knife in the V of the cut and cut horizontally to the cut surface and away from the center cut to within 1/2 inch of the other side of the meat. Repeat on opposite side of the V. Spread meat open. Cover the roast with plastic wrap. Working from center (thicker part) to edges, pound with flat side of a meat mallet until meat is an even thickness of 1/2 to 3/4 inch. Remove plastic wrap. Set meat aside.