We’ve prepared for you (and let’s face it, for ourselves too) a workout plan for back and chest muscles that will help you build these areas up in just a month! After the first workout, you will surely feel like you were working muscles you didn’t even know you had.
Don’t forget that resistance training is effective only when combined with healthy diet and cardio activities! Perform this workout 2 or 3 times a week, resting as little as possible between exercises.
1. Jump rope
It’s good to start your workout with a 2-minute upper body warmup. Jumping rope is a great way to work your shoulders and back. Don’t forget about technique — turn the rope only with your wrists.
2. Jab cross with dumbbells
This exercise comes from boxing. It not only works on your back and arms, but it also warms up the upper body, improves speed and coordination.
- Stand with your feet a little wider than hip’s length and keep your knees slightly bent.
- Bring your arms up and push your left arm out in a punching motion.
- Return to the starting position and then push your right arm out.
- Keep switching arms for 60 seconds.
- Repeat 3 times with 20-30 second breaks.