Upper body exercises are a great way to carve your back, shoulders, and abs, and they can also prevent you from getting flabby arms. Or help you get rid of them if you already have them. These exercises also make you stronger and make everyday tasks easier.
We prepared these exercises to help you get the upper body that you’ve always wanted. Do them at least twice a week and don’t forget to do a light warm-up before you start.
1. Dumbbell punches
This exercise is a good one to start with as a warm up to prepare your arms, shoulders, and back for your training session.
- Hold one dumbbell in each hand and place your hands at chest level;
- Alternately extend one arm forward at shoulder level in a punching motion, keeping your hands at shoulder level, and turning the palms in during the punch;
- Continue for 1-2 minutes.
2. Dumbbell bicep curls
This exercise works on your biceps, shoulders, and upper back.
- Stand straight with feet shoulder-width apart;
- Engage your core and squeeze your shoulder blades back;
- Hold the dumbbells, one in each hand, with the palms facing inward;
- Bring the dumbbells up to your shoulders, pause for a second or 2;
- Then bring the dumbbells down.
Note: You should always keep your elbows tucked and steady, they practically never change position.
You can do alternating bicep curls or both hands at a time, whatever you prefer.